VARUTHARACHA CHICKEN CURRY
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Coconut (grated) – 2 cup
- Ginger – 1 inch long piece
- Garlic – 6 no.
- Green chilli – 6 no.
- Coconut oil
- Small onions – 1 cup
- Big onions – 2no
- Tomato – 2 small
- Nirapara Chilli powder – ½ tbsp
- Nirapara chicken masala – 3 tbsp
- Nirapara Coriander powder – 1 tbsp
- Nirapara Garam masala - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
- Heat two teaspoons of oil in a pan and fry the grated coconut. Put coriander powder, chilli powder, garam masala, Nirapara chicken masala and stir well. When the mixture becomes brown in colour, make it into a paste and keep it aside.
- Now take a pan and heat some oil. Add some curry leaves. To this, add the mixture comprising small onions, ginger, green chillies and garlic sauté it,then add big onion. Fry for some time. Now add the chicken pieces along with salt and stir. Pour about two cups of water. Stir gently. Close the pan and cook for some time.
- Open the pan and add tomatoes. Pour some more water. Now cover the pan and cook for 20 minutes.
- You may now remove the lid and add the grounded paste kept aside and add some more water. Stir well. Put some curry leaves. Cook for another ten minutes on low flame.
- Now get ready to relish this spicy chicken dish.